BALTIMORE -- Left-handed reliever Troy Patton returned from his 25-game suspension Thursday, part of a roster shuffle by the Bal

in Staff Applications - Post HERE! Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:19 am
by jokergreen0220 • 255 Posts

BALTIMORE -- Left-handed reliever Troy Patton returned from his 25-game suspension Thursday, part of a roster shuffle by the Baltimore Orioles that included the activation of Manny Machado from the 15-day disabled list. Xavier Ouellet Jersey . Patton was placed on the restricted list testing positive for a banned amphetamine. Patton took Adderall, a drug commonly used to combat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, late in the 2013 season and then was given a random drug test. The suspension cost him $174,180 of his $1,275,000 salary. Patton went 2-0 with a 3.70 ERA in a career-high 56 appearances for the Orioles last year. He made four rehab appearances with Triple-A Norfolk. To make room for Patton, the Orioles sent reliever Josh Stinson outright to Norfolk. Machado hadnt played since left knee surgery on Oct. 14. The third baseman was not in the lineup for the first game of a doubleheader against Pittsburgh on Thursday, but manager Buck Showalter said Machado would start in the nightcap. Machado was poised to return Tuesday, but rain postponed Baltimores game against the Pirates. The same thing happened Wednesday, creating the need for a single-admission doubleheader. "Manny wasnt going to play 18 innings first day back from rehab," Showalter said. "We could have waited to activate him, but we would use him in the first game if the right situation presented itself." The 21-year-old Machado takes the roster spot vacated by first baseman Chris Davis, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with a strained left oblique. Davis had a platelet rich plasma injection on Monday. "What they do is they draw your own blood and spin it, then they take the platelets and inject them back into your body," Davis said. "Its supposed to speed up the healing process and take the place of a cortisone shot." Davis believes the treatment was having the desired effect. "I had (the shot) on Monday. It was pretty painful," he said. "Tuesday I was sore and Wednesday I was sore. Today I feel better. Hopefully I am recovering and it will heal." Davis led the majors last year with 53 homers and 138 RBIs. Hes gotten off to a slow start this season -- he has only two home runs -- but hopes to return soon to add to the total. "I got off to my hottest start ever last year so there was a lot of excitement," he said. "I knew it was probably not going to happen again. But I felt like I was getting good at-bats and making things happen." Also Thursday, the Orioles optioned infielder Steve Lombardozzi to Norfolk to make room for first baseman Steve Pearce, who was signed to a major league contract Tuesday after being designated for assignment last week. Lombardozzi batted .292 in 19 games this season. Dylan Larkin Jersey . 31-Feb. 2. While organizers havent decided if itll be red or green clay, they feel their choice of surface will give the Americans an advantage over Britain, which is expected to be led by defending Wimbledon champion Andy Murray. Mike Green Jersey .com) - World No. 1 Rafael Nadal, Wimbledon champion Andy Murray and four-time Australian Open titlist Roger Federer were among Mondays fourth-round winners at Melbourne Park. http://www.redwingshockeyauthentic.com/steve-yzerman-jersey/ . The question all fans want to know heading into this light heavyweight affair is will Rua display his true potential. Working with UFC welterweight fighter Demian Maias team in Sao Paulo Brazil and having training partners such as fellow UFC stand outs Fabio Maldonado and Daniel Sarafian, the 32-year old feels very well prepared for Friday nights encounter.Brisbane, Australia - Former world No. 1s Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic were a pair of quarterfinal winners Thursday at the season-opening $1 million Brisbane International tennis event. The top-seeded 2014 French Open champion Sharapova shut down seventh-seeded Spaniard Carla Suarez Navarro 6-1, 6-3, while the second-seeded Ivanovic had to come from behind to beat 2012 Brisbane champ Kaia Kanepi of Estonia 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 on the hardcourts at Queensland Tennis Centre. Maybe I made a little too many unforced errors in the beginning, but I finished strong, Sharapova said after beating Suarez Navarro. Sharapovas semifinal opponent on Friday will be rising Ukrainian Elina Svittolina, while Ivanovic will encounter surprising American Varvara Lepchenko. Eric Tangradi Jersey. Shes a young girl thats already in the Top 30 with a tremendous amount of potential, and someone youll be seeing in the top very soon, Sharapova said of Svitolina. She definitely has a good game. Shes an all-around player. Itll be a tough match-up for me, but one that Im looking forward to, actually. Two other quarterfinal results saw Svitolina oust third-seeded German left- hander Angelique Kerber 4-6, 7-5, 6-3 and Lepchenko handle Russian lucky loser Alla Kudryavtseva 7-5, 7-5. Brisbane serves as a tune-up for the Aussie Open, which will begin January 19 in Melbourne. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 18 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Jon Harington
Board Statistics
The forum has 18788 topics and 19493 posts.