NEW YORK -- Neither Shaun Livingston nor the Nets were expecting to see the backup point guard playing this many minutes in his

in Staff Applications - Post HERE! Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:27 am
by jokergreen0220 • 1.140 Posts

NEW YORK -- Neither Shaun Livingston nor the Nets were expecting to see the backup point guard playing this many minutes in his first season in Brooklyn. Rickey Henderson Jersey . On a team dealing with a rash of injuries all season, Livingston has been one of the key figures in the Nets revival after a dismal start. Starting alongside Deron Williams with All-Star guard Joe Johnson sidelined, Livingstons seventh steal of the night with 5.8 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter helped sealed Brooklyns win 108-102 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday night. "Ive been on the wings obviously guarding some of the better scorers, but just trying to be active, be disruptive and help my teammates," said Livingston, who also had 13 points, eight assists and seven rebounds. Paul Pierce scored 25 points and Deron Williams added 21 for the Nets, who stopped a three-game losing streak. The Nets saw their first big lead of the night, a 15-point advantage, go to waste in the first half as Philadelphia managed to take a 44-37 late in the second quarter before Brooklyn answered back with a 17-5 run to head into the half with a 54-49 lead. Brooklyn then seemed like it was about to run away with the game with a strong start to the third quarter, relying on its defence to force some key turnovers. After a bad pass turnover by Philadelphias Tony Wroten, Livingston found Williams for a 3-pointer that made it 78-59 with 4:21. Trailing 84-69 to start the fourth quarter, the 76ers made nine of 10 shots and James Andersons 3-pointer made it 104-102 with 22 seconds left. Pierce, who made all 14 free throws, hit a pair after Michael Carter-Williams fouled him to increase Brooklyns lead to 106-102 and Livingston sealed the victory by intercepting Carter-Williams pass, Philadelphias 26th turnover of the night, and converting a pair of free throws to put it away. Livingston has come a long way since that awful knee injury almost seven years ago as a 21-year-old with the Los Angeles Clippers. In 45 games for the Nets, the 6-foot-7 point guard has averaged 7.8 points and 3.1 assists over 24.6 minutes. As a starter, hes logged 29.2 minutes in 23 games, posting 9.4 points, 3.0 assists and 1.3 steals per game, showing flashes of the player that was supposed to be part of the Clippers future before his injury. "Honestly, Im not trying to jinx it and think about it. Its a situation where I know where Ive come from, mentally as well," Livingston said, adding that hes leaned on Kevin Garnett on how to manage his body. "I just want to continue my same confidence, continue to play with the same confidence and I give credit to (Nets coach) Jason (Kidd) as well because I talk to him every day. Just getting a chance to pick his brain gives me confidence and to see the confidence that he has in me as well." The Nets had lost to division leaders Toronto, Oklahoma City and Indiana after starting 2014 by winning 10 of their first 11 games, but got back on track against a Philadelphia team that has lost 13 of its last 16 games. Carter-Williams scored 21 points for the 76ers, who have lost three straight. Wroten had 18 off the bench and Thaddeus Young added 17. The Nets scored 32 points off Philadelphia turnovers. "I think we had some careless turnovers. We tried to force some shots that led to turnovers," Carter-Williams said. 76ers coach Brett Brown wished his team could have kept those mistakes down like they did in the final quarter, when they had just two turnovers. "Isnt that amazing? You actually get to shoot and have a chance to score," the first-year coach said. Mirza Teletovic had 20 points off the bench, hitting 5 of 9 3-pointers. Johnson was held out of the game due to tendinitis in his right knee. The Nets were also without reserve forwards Andrei Kirilenko, who missed his last three games with a sore right calf, and Andray Blatche, who was out with a sore hip. NOTES: Former team minority owner and rapper Jay-Z and his wife, Beyonce, took in the game, sitting next to Russell Wilson, quarterback of the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks. . Brooklyns 15 steals were a season-high. . Garnett recorded five blocks, making him the 18th player in NBA history with 2,000 career blocks. Trevor Cahill Jersey . CHAUNCEY BILLUPS (Pistons): Yes they got Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings in the off-season and Andre Drummond is a beast (teams are kicking themselves for passing on him - he rebounds and block shots every game - thats two more discernable and significant skills than most guys in his draft class), but dont for a second discount the impact of having a savvy veteran like Billups on your team. Cory Spangenberg Jersey . This is Lowry’s third time winning the award in his career. He won the award last season and as a member of the Houston Rockets in 2011. http://www.baseballpadresofficial.com/ozzie-smith-jersey-c-22/ . Paire broke Giraldo twice and lost his serve once in both sets to wrap up the win in 1 hour, 10 minutes. He will next face Pablo Carreno Busta of Spain, who advanced when Jurgen Zopp of Estonia retired with an injury at 5-5 in the first set.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- DeMarcus Ware boarded the plane for Denver on Wednesday morning, looked in the row across from him and saw a sleeping Aqib Talib. Yep, the Broncos mean business. Before Ware even had a chance to sit down with Broncos boss John Elway, he saw exactly how serious the team was about fixing its defence. Ware became Denvers latest defensive addition in free agency, agreeing to a three-year, $30 million deal. Thats $110 million -- $60 million guaranteed -- for Ware, safety T.J. Ward and Talib, the last two of whom signed Tuesday. "Theyre trying to make a statement -- a statement were a team to be reckoned with," the 31-year-old Ware said. "Their mentality is a now mentality. Not looking forward to next season or the season after that, the time is now." Out of work less than 24 hours, Ware wasnt fully intending to agree to a deal right away with Denver when he flew into town. But he was persuaded by Elway, the Hall of Fame quarterback turned executive who stressed to Ware the Broncos commitment to defence even with a prolific offence led by Peyton Manning. Elway got his man -- again. He did so two years ago with Manning and last off-season with Wes Welker. Its really no surprise the Broncos are concentrating on defence in the wake of a 43-8 loss to Seattle in the Super Bowl last month. Ward thinks the trio of new players brings not only leadership but a level of physicality to the field. Denvers defence surrendered nearly 25 points a game last season, which was 22nd in the league. "I think you see with Seattles defence last year -- definitely defence wins championships," Ward said. "(Ware and Talib) are two great players. Im eager to get to work with them. I dont know them personally yet, but I know what they do on the field. Those are two players I admire. I think well work well together." Talib flew in from Dallas on the same flight as Ware, not even realizing it until halfway through the trip. He was ecstatic to later hear that Elway enticed Ware to join the Broncos. "Every year you just want to better your team," Talib said. "Mr. Elway decided to better his team on defence this year, since the offence looks pretty good." Ware was let go Tuesday by Dallas in a salary-cap move. He had a franchise-record 117 sacks for the Cowboys since being drafted in the first round in 2005. Wil Myers Jersey. He had a career-low six sacks last season and missed games for the first time in his career because of a thigh injury. He underwent off-season surgery to fix his elbow. Now that Wares fully healthy again, hes "going to be able to get after the passer," Elway said. No doubt, especially playing opposite Von Miller. This was a rough season for Miller, beginning with a six-game drug suspension and ending with a torn ACL on Dec. 22. Ware said he has a good relationship with Miller and hopes to get the 2011 rookie of the year back on track by serving as a mentor. "Von is one of those incredible athletes," Ware said. "If you can really hone in on what you do best, and make yourself not think as much when youre out there, hell be an even better athlete." Talib said theres no bad blood between him and the Broncos after he tweaked his knee early in the AFC championship game against Denver when he was bumped by Welker on a crossing route. Maybe at first, but not anymore. Not after watching the replay "1,000 times." "Wes is a good friend of mine," Talib said. "I can tell you he didnt do it on purpose." Talib appreciated Patriots coach Bill Belichick sticking up for him after the game. Belichick called it "one of the worst plays" hed seen in nearly four decades of coaching. The leagues officiating chief later ruled it a legal hit by Welker. "I told (Belichick) thank you and I respected what he did," Talib said. As for Talibs balky hip, well, thats not an issue. Hasnt been since his days with Tampa Bay. "The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff," Talib said. "The injury I had was actually a quad injury, reported as a hip injury. Thats how they do things." Talib said he received some interest from Washington, New Orleans, San Francisco and, of course, New England, but liked the fit with the Broncos. "I think we all are guys who play with attitude on the field," Talib said. Ware couldnt agree more, especially with the Super Bowl loss being a motivator. "Theyre saying, Were going to act right now and not let that happen again," Ware said. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: janicei kellei
Board Statistics
The forum has 35397 topics and 36503 posts.